Sports and competitive opportunities for students at Óbuda University are provided by the Physical Education and Sports Institute (TSI). You can reach them at the following contact information:
In Óbuda University, physical education classes are held in four sports halls located at Tavaszmező Street, Népszínház Street, Doberdó Street, and Thököly Street, as well as at external venues.
Starting from the 2023/24/1 semester and with the introduction of the “F” curriculum, physical education becomes a criterion subject with the following duration:
- For FOKSz (Faculty of Communication) programs, it is a 1-semester subject.
- For BA/BSc/BProf (Bachelor) programs, it is a 4-semester subject.
- For MA/MSc (Master) programs, it is a 2-semester subject.
Students from both full-time and part-time schedules have the opportunity to earn 1 credit point every semester. The acceptance of the semester is uniform at all campuses.
Students admitted to the “F” curriculum will initially be enrolled in the “Physical Education I” course, which serves as a collecting course. During the registration period, they can choose from the available courses and finalize their selection by changing their registration to the chosen course.
Elite athletes and students suffering from severe illnesses may be exempted from participating in physical education classes. Detailed information regarding exemptions can be found on the website https://uni-obuda.hu/tsi-dokumentumok. Students requesting exemptions based on their status as elite athletes or health conditions should enrol in the course “Versenysport felmentések” (Course code: 84). The exemption request and the accompanying certificates should be submitted to the responsible course instructor by the end of the 3rd week of the academic term.
OTHER SPORT OPPORTUNITIES
In addition to mandatory physical education classes, there are various opportunities for regular training and participation in university and college-level competitions in different sports. You can inquire about these sports opportunities from the physical education teachers, on our website, or on our Facebook page.
INSTITUTIONAL SPORT OPPORTUNITIES
The University Sports Club, Kandó SC, welcomes students who are eager to participate in the following sports sections: basketball, martial arts and combat sports, volleyball, archery, water polo, chess, and recreational sports. For detailed information regarding membership, you can contact Ákos Hiervarter, the director of the institute, at the email address email@example.com.
The physical education subject can also be fulfilled through participation in internal and inter-institutional events and competitions. Students who wish to fulfill the subject in this way should enroll in the course “Egyetemi sportrendezvények” (Course code: 116). After enrolling in the course, you will receive a message on Neptun with further details. You will be able to participate in the following competitions:
- Internal events within the
- ÓE House Championships, cups
- ÓE Sports Day: volleyball, martial arts, women’s and men’s basketball, handball, table tennis, football, futsal, bench press, tennis, ergometer rowing, chess.
- Inter-institutional events:
- Budapest University and College Sports Federation (BEFS) organized Budapest Area University Sports Competitions
- Technical Higher Education Sports Day
- Hungarian University and College Sports Federation (MEFS) organized national competitions between higher education institutions
- Carpathian Basin Universities Cup
- National Championships
- Mass sports events (marathon, half marathon, UltraBalaton, Balaton swim, etc.).